Job opportunity open to suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of the gender or colour of the applicant Advertisement
The SACIDS Foundation for One Health, an institute of the Sokoine University of Agriculture(SUA) on behalf of the academic and research institutions, in the DRC, Zambia, South Africa, Mozambique and Tanzania, that wok on infectious diseases, including those due to anti-microbial resistant pathogens, that threaten the health, food security and livelihoods in Africa, seeks to recruit 1 senior level project management individual. This opening will be under the USAID programme, entitled: Long-term Exceptional Technical Assistance Project, abbreviated as SACIDS-LEAP-Local.
The operations of SACIDS fall under two categories, namely (i) Hypothesis based research and research capacity development in the core disciplines of (a) Digital & Data Sciences, (b) Genomcs and metagenomics; (c) Social sciences and one health systems, and the outcome basedprogrammes; (d) viral epidemics and (e) antimicrobial resistance; and (2) the social-enterprise, not-for-profit strand that focuses on providing expertise and services in the three domains of Producs-Policy-Practice.The 2 positions being advertised will be part of the SACIDS social enterprise based business development and operations of SACIDS
LEAP-Local is a USAID initiative which supports the National Infectious Disease programs and other health priorities in high-burden disease countries. The initiative seeks to develop technical expertise that can build more efficient and effective systems to prepare for, mitigate, and implement national infectious disease responses.
LEAP-Local aims to strengthen MOH systems and structures through a deliberate, long-term, provision of high-quality senior level infectious disease (ID) and other health technical experts who will help guide, strengthen, and enhance the national infectious disease programs. LEAP-Local aims to build efficient, effective, and self-reliant infectious disease and other health programs at the MOH or national health entity.
The LEAP-Local initiative is integrated into the SACIDS Foundation for One Health, a regional programme founded in 2008 by universities and national research institutions in five Member States of Southern African Development Community (SADC), hosted at the Sokoine University of Agriculture.
NB: The position is contingent upon award and USAID approval with an anticipated start date on or about February 2023.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION (HR) (1 POST)
The position requires an individual with:
- At a minimum, an undergraduate degree in law (preferred), human resource management, or a related field.
- Experience (5 years minimum) in managing similar work sponsored by international donors/US Government agencies including experience interacting with other government agencies, host country governments, and international organizations.
- At least 10 years’ experience in recruiting, hiring, overseeing large human resource operations.
- Demonstrated skills managing a similar type of program.
- Have at least 10 years of combined relevant work experience, and strong written and oral English language skills.
- Have strategic vision, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, solid management experience, strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program description
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of HR will provide technical oversight for the project’s efforts. Responsibilities will include the implementation of work plans, oversight of reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and coordination of activities, including the work of any subrecipients in the Agreement. The Director of HR will provide technical assistance and leadership to all project partners.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for all human resource related activities including but not limited to recruitment, retention, and monitoring, and evaluating all staff.
- Ensure implementation of the project’s activities and goals, develop solutions to barriers, and ensure efficient use of resources, when the Project Director is absent.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to facilitate project goals and objectives as well as ensure complete records and documentation for project and deliverables.
- Execute project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects results are delivered on-time, and within the budget and, adhere to high quality standards
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned.
- Use professional judgment in handling information and be sensitive to project team, individual and all levels of organizational concerns; make use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling and fact-based management to drive decision making.
DURATION: Two year contract, renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
DUTY STATION: SACIDS Foundation for One Health at Sokoine University of Agriculture in Morogoro, Tanzania.
SALARY:An attractive salary based on SUA salary scales with adjustment as offered by LEAP
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to SACIDS Secretariat email at firstname.lastname@example.org